Sunday, June 21, 2009

6 degrees of seperation

The knowledge that I know one person and that the person they know is seperated from me by only this...only 6 degrees made me think.

Does that mean I know alot of people, if so, where are they?
Are they like me?

Tonight I talked to someone whom I didn't know. Or I knew of but did not really know. I'm not scared of the unknown. Not knowing is my favourite concept in the world. Researching on what you don't know and then the light shines down and voila... you know!

The excitement is unreal.

But when you know of something/someone, it's different because you've already made up your mind about them but still don't know them enough to know how true it all is.

So I talked to this person and it was nice. I made no thought of it until I realised how i knew of this person and how little I knew.
It scared me, this person knew of me too but didn't actually know me. Was hidden judgement being passed without my knowledge. Was there a thought process happening that I did not know of?
Or am I over analysing the situation?
I continued to talk.
1. To let myself know that it's okay.

2. To let this person know I wasn't all that bad. (I'm really not.)

3. To let the fear pass whatever the outcome may be.

breathe...

6 degrees of seperation huh?

Next I read this persons blog... Not out of curiosity (blogs are ambiguous and even though someone is sharing their mind, it's not stark and straight forward. It's hidden and tangled in sentences that you're trying to decipher) but out of the simple reason of being an avid reader and good writing is hard to come by.

All of a sudden the air in me left. The room became a blur and it was just me standing with these lines passing in front of me. It was the pure emotion of each post, the ambiguity and also the amount of 'sense' in each sentence. I don't know if this person was writing about themselves or just writing but it was a shock to see the similarities.

The words were different but the emotion was similar. The idea that I wasn't the only kid on the block who felt that way. That though it looked all normal on the otuside the inside was like a labyrinth of thoughts and stories and ideals.

I don't mean to steal anyones thunder, but I was this. Probably still am.

The kid who never made too many friends but had friends. The one who stood outside, looked around and shrugged. And then came to a place where in a blink of an eye found others just like her.

Just as weird...
Just as unique...
Just as normal...?

It took me 18 years to make the type of friends who I don't feel annoyed with. Who I can look at everyday and say, Vaatsup men?
It took me 18 years to realise what I could be as a person. Not that weird kid who had issues, or the flakey person who never stuck to one friend too long.

Just A Person.

Again 6 degrees of seperation.

I couldn't believe it.
I'm not concluding that I had found a cosmic twin. No, I still did not know this person.And I don't know whether this person even wants to know me. (shrug)

We live our lives. Have our own people. Have our own set of everything. So to say that after reading this I was enlightened would be a lie. It's a little weird though that we know of eachothers existense yet pretend not too. Is that what it was? hmmmmmm...

It is really hard to come across good writing these days.

No comments: