Saturday, September 5, 2009

The escapist

I woke up and looked around.
I've just got my hands tied.
I remembered what took me the whole night to forget. It happens i guess. People will forget in time and i'll reminisce but I won't feel bad.
I've climbed into the tank filled with water.
These events in our life that have no explanation but seem to have a significant impact on our life leave us tired and drained.
The hatch closes, the lock clicks.
If I'm sitting here, my mind is far away. To a place I never visit.
I get up and yawn...i stop.
The bubbles form as i try to hold my breathe.
My throat hurts and my skin stretches. Oh that...
The ropes swell and cut my wrist.
It happens and now that it has, I can stop wondering when it will. It's over.
I twist and feel the water eneter my lungs. The crowds look on,evil smiles.
My brain swims with heaviness, I'm at college.
My class has started. My pocket buzzes. I say reject.
I try to loosen the ropes, it doesn't happens... am i going to drown?
...
Back home.
My mind is everywhere, and all the images are over exposed.
It burns my eyes.
I can feel the ropes around my legs loosen. but there is so much water.
My pocket buzzes again. I look at the name.
Answer.
That voice, that laugh, that moment.
Slowly I twist,turn and can feel my pulse.
The images focus. The picture becomes clear.
The ropes fall off, I wriggle to the surface.
an hour goes by and by the end of that hour, I'm smiling.
The lock clicks. The hatch pops. I'm out.


No comments: